Dubai presents international business with a wide range of opportunities for different activities and operations, including:
- Transport and distribution.
- Manufacturing and processing.
- Regional offices.
As the leading regional trading hub, Dubai offers access to a market of outstanding potential for overseas companies in a wide range of sectors. Among its key characteristics are:
- A large market - more than $17 billion in domestic imports annually; gateway to a $150 billion p.a., 1.4 billion population regional import market.
- A growing market - Dubai's imports have more than doubled since 1989; regional economic growth and liberalisation is set to boost demand.
- A prosperous market - strategic location at the heart of one of the world's richest regions.
- A diversified market - wide import requirements; opportunities for suppliers of most products.
- An accessible market - served by more than 170 shipping lines and 86 airlines; An open market - no exchange controls, quotas or trade barriers.